- Common name:
- CA index name:
- 1H-Purinium, 2-(dimethylamino)- 6,9-dihydro-7-methyl-6-oxo- 9-b-D-ribofuranosyl-
- CA registry numbers:
- ribonucleoside 40027-70-1
- base not assigned
- elemental composition:
- nucleoside mass:
|Source type||phylogenetic source|
|Comment: This 5'-cap nucleoside is joined to the RNA through|
a unique triphosphate bridge [Gp(5'-5')ppNp...]. This nucleoside is rare in mRNA.
|Comment: The m#2#,#2#,#7G cap nucleoside is also found in U3 RNA from the nucleolus.|
For review of the trimethylguanosine cap structures see 
Comment: The structure was first assigned using material from 2-10S RNA from Chinese hamster ovary cells , and later from snRNA from Novikoff hepatoma ascites cells . More rigorous characterization of the synthetic nucleoside used for comparison is given in .
- Liou, R. and Blumenthal, T. (1990) Mol. Cell Biol., 10, 1764-1768.
- Hsu-Chen, C.C. and Dubin, D.T. (1976) Nature, 264, 190-191.
- Saponara, A.G. and Enger, M.D. (1969) Nature, 223, 1365-1366.
- Reddy, R., Ro-Choi, T.S., Henning, D., Shibata, H., Choi, Y.C. and Busch, H. (1972) J. Biol. Chem., 247, 7245-7250.
- Ro-Choi, T.S., Choi, Y.C., Henning, D., McCloskey, J.A. and Busch, H. (1975) J. Biol. Chem., 250, 3921-3928.
- Ro-Choi, T.S. (1999) Crit. Rev. Eukaryot. Gene Expr., 9, 107-158.