- Common name:
- 5-carboxymethylaminomethyl- 2'-O-methyluridine
- CA index name:
- Glycine, N-[[1,2,3,4-tetrahydro- 1-(2-O-methyl-b-D-ribofuranosyl)- 2,4-dioxo-5-pyrimidinyl]methyl]-
- CA registry numbers:
- ribonucleoside 110419-13-1
- base 14886-75-0
- elemental composition:
- nucleoside mass:
|Source type||phylogenetic source|
Comment: Alternate symbol is cmam5Um. The natural nucleoside from E. coli tRNALeu was originally characterized by comparison of its NMR spectrum with that of synthetic material . The discovery of cmnm5Um is cited in  as a meeting abstract , in which, however, the compound is neither named nor structural data presented. A recent and more rigorous structural characterization is reported in .
- Sekine, M., Peshakova, L.S., Hata, T., Yokoyama, S. and Miyazawa, T. (1987) J. Org. Chem., 52, 5060-5061.
- Yokoyama, S., Watanabe, K., Yamaizumi, Z., Kuchino, Y., Nishimura, S. and Miyazawa, T. (1985) The 11th International tRNA Workshop. Banz, Germany, Abstract DII-3.
- Horie, N., Yamaizumi, Z., Kuchino, Y., Takai, K., Goldman, E., Miyazawa, T., Nishimura, S. and Yokoyama, S. (1999) Biochemistry, 38, 207-217.