- Common name:
- CA index name:
- Uridine, 5,6-dihydro-
- CA registry numbers:
- ribonucleoside 5627-05-4
- base 34283-02-8
- elemental composition:
- nucleoside mass:
|Source type||phylogenetic source|
|rRNA||16S 23S [1,2]|
|Comment: Dihydrouridine is reported in a total enzymatic digest of nuclear 5S RNA from rat .|
However, this sole report of D in snRNA was not verified by sequencing of the RNA because pD could not be distinguished from pU .
|Comment: This RNA is reported as a chromatin-associated 3.2-3.8S species,|
with an unusual concentration of dihydropyrimidine nucleosides, but its occurrence as a separate class of RNA remains controversial. For review, see .
- Kowalak, J.A., Bruenger, E., McCloskey, J.A. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 17758-17764.
- Johnson, J.D. and Horowitz, J. (1971) Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 247, 262-279.
- Krol, A., Gallinaro, H., Lazar, E., Jacob, M. and Branlant, C. (1981) Nucleic Acids Res., 9, 769-787.
- Huang, R.C.C. and Bonner, J. (1965) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 54, 960-967.
- Naora, H. (1977) In Stewart, P.R. and Letham, D.S. (eds.) The Ribonucleic Acids. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 43-80.
- Madison, J.T. and Holley, R.W. (1965) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 18, 153-157.
- Green, M. and Cohen, S.S. (1957) J. Biol. Chem., 225, 397-407.
- Emmerechts, G., Barbé, S., Herdewijn, P., Anné, J. and Rozenski, J. (2007) Nucleic Acids Res., 35, 3494-3503.