- Common name:
- CA index name:
- 2,4(1H,3H)-Pyrimidinedione, 5-b-D-ribofuranosyl-
- CA registry numbers:
- ribonucleoside 1445-07-4
- base 66-22-8
- elemental composition:
- nucleoside mass:
|Source type||phylogenetic source|
|rRNA||16S 23S ||16, 23S ||[4,5]5S 5.8S [7,8]18, 28S |
|Comment: see  for review of the distribution of Y in LSU rRNA.|
|Comment: Pseudouridine was reported in '10S' RNA , which was subsequently shown to consist of a|
mixture of two unrelated RNAs: tmRNA ('10Sa') and the RNase P RNA ('10Sb') , but
pseudouridine was not assigned to a specific RNA.
|Comment: Y also found in U3 RNA from the nucleolus.|
Comment: The structure of pseudouridine was determined by Yu and Allen from material isolated from unfractionated yeast RNA , and was independently reported by Cohn  in a manuscript submitted eight days later. Leading references to the pseudouridine literature can be found in a recent review .
- Stahl, D.A. (1978) PhD Thesis. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Ofengand, J. and Bakin, A. (1997) J. Mol. Biol. 266, 246-268.
- Dubin, D.T. and Günalp, A. (1967) Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 134, 106-123.
- Dunn, D.B. (1959) Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 34, 286-287.
- Brawerman, G. and Chargaff, E. (1959) Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 31, 172-177.
- Miyazaki, M. (1974) J. Biochem., 75, 1407-1410.
- Lau, R.Y., Kennedy, T.D. and Lane, B.G. (1974) Can. J. Biochem., 52, 1110-1122.
- Rubin, G.M. (1974) J. Biol. Chem., 248, 3860-3875.
- Amaldi, F. and Attardi, G. (1968) J. Mol. Biol., 32, 737-755.
- Felden, B., Hanawa, K., Atkins, J.F., Himeno, H., Muto, A., Gesteland, R.F., McCloskey, J.A. and Crain, P.F. (1998) EMBO J., 17, 3188-3196.
- Ray, B. K. and Apirion, D. (1979) Molec. Gen. Genet., 174, 25-32.
- Jain, S.K., Gurevitz, M. and Apirion, D. (1982) J. Mol. Biol., 162, 515-533.
- Reddy, R., Ro-Choi, T.S., Henning, D., Shibata, H., Choi, Y.C. and Busch, H. (1972) J. Biol. Chem., 247, 7245-7250.
- Reddy, R., Henning, D., Liu, M.-H., Spector, D. and Busch, H. (1985) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 127, 552-557.
- Yu, C.-T. and Allen, F.W. (1959) Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 32, 393-405.
- Cohn, W.E. (1959) Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 32, 569-571.
- Shapiro, R. and Chambers, R.W. (1961) J. Am. Chem. Soc., 83, 3920-3921.
- Charette, M. and Gray, M.W. (2000) IUBMB Life, 49, 341-351.