- Common name:
- CA index name:
- 3H-Imidazo[1,2-a]purine-7-butanoic acid, 4,9-dihydro-b-hydroperoxy- a-[(methoxycarbonyl)amino]- 4,6-dimethyl-9-oxo-3-b-D-ribofuranosyl-, methyl ester
- CA registry numbers:
- ribonucleoside 78355-49-4
- base 36238-44-5
- elemental composition:
- nucleoside mass:
|Source type||phylogenetic source|
Synthesis: None reported.
Comment: Nomenclature for the yW family of nucleosides is discussed in  and . Structural characterization was made from the acid-liberated base. A Chemical Abstracts registry number was then assigned to the corresponding ribonucleoside. Alternate name is wybutoxine. Common name for the corresponding base is peroxy-Y, symbol Yr. Initial report in  with complete characterization in . Occurrence of the peroxy function in the natural nucleoside has been questioned  and led to the confusing use of Yr as a symbol for the base of hydroxywybutosine in .
- Nakanishi, M., Blobstein, S.H., Funamizu, M., Furutachi, N., Van Lear, G., Grunberger, D., Lanks, K. and Weinstein, I.B. (1971) Nature (London), 234, 107-109.
- Blobstein, S.H., Grunberger, D., Weinstein, I.B. and Nakanishi, K. (1973) Biochemistry, 12, 188-193.
- Kasai, H., Goto, M., Ikeda, K., Zama, M., Mizuno, Y., Takemura, S., Matsuura, S., Sugimoto, T. and Goto, T. (1976) Biochemistry, 15, 898-904.
- Kasai, H., Yamaizumi, Z., Kuchino, Y. and Nishimura, S. (1979) Nucleic Acids Res., 6, 993-999.