- Common name:
- 2'-O-ribosyladenosine (phosphate)
- CA index name:
- Adenosine, 2'-O-(5-O-phosphono-b-D-ribofuranosyl)-
- CA registry numbers:
- ribonucleoside 28050-13-7
- base 73-24-5
- elemental composition:
- nucleoside mass:
|Source type||phylogenetic source|
Comment: A nucleoside component of yeast tRNA was isolated and tentatively characterized as 2'(3')-O-ribosyladenosine by Hall , but whether the source material was tRNA was later concluded to be uncertain . Substitution at O-2' vs. O-3' was not established in an early reported synthesis . A recent and more detailed synthesis is given in . Ar registry number: 28269-89-8, Chemical Abstracts Index Name: Adenosine, 2'-O-b-D-ribofuranosyl-.
- Desgrès, J., Keith, G., Kuo, K.C. and Gehrke, C.W. (1989) Nucleic Acids Res., 17, 865-882.
- Keith, G., Glasser, A.-L., Desgrès, J., Kuo, K.C. and Gehrke, C.W. (1990) Nucleic Acids Res., 18, 5989-5993.
- Lis, A.W. and Passarge, W.E. (1969) Physiol. Chem. Phys., 1, 68-71.
- Rodionov, A.A., Efimtseva, E.V., Mikhailov, S.M., Rozenski, J., Luyten, I. and Herdewijn, P. (2000) Nucleosides, Nucleotides Nucleic Acids, 19, 1847-1859.
- Hall, R.H. (1965) Biochemistry, 4, 661-670.
- Hall, R.H. (1971) The Modified Nucleosides in Nucleic Acids. Columbia University Press, New York, p. 111.